Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Planet Closest to Heaven book teaser



Book estimated to come out: Mid-March. (It will take that long because of annoying minor glitches like every " ' " is missing from the comic sans font dialogue and a couple pages were too big.)

Made the "mom safe" version to show to my parents, education professors, and tween-age cousins.
Mom read the comic for the first time last weekend. At least she didn't say I needed therapy like she said for Demon Eater.

I want to also make a less cutesy cover too. Perhaps the cute cover(the one showing in the pictures) will be for the edited version and the cool one(I'm working on right now) for the unedited. I'm not quite sure yet.

I was working on the other cover in my printmaking class. It's creepy and it has Starla on the cover. Project is due on the 22nd so I'll try to have it posted before that here.

Also wondering if I should have a how to print comics on Lulu.com tutorial after all this is done?

All questions or suggestions please ask in the commentary! I'll be sure to respond.

2 comments:

1 said...

Glad to see your a blogger! I'm constantly updating my blog, almost daily, so be sure and stop by frequently! I will be watching yours as well. Congrats on the comic book. I'm so very happy and excited for you. where is it being published?

Best wishes,
Heather

Jilly Foo said...

lulu.com
It's mostly an online self publish site.