Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Future Webcomic Guild?

Tried to ask people about it on a few forums way back in December 2006. Not much luck at all. Thought I'd post it here. Perhaps I can get more into this after I graduate.


Are you from Minnesota or near the Twin Cities and interested in meeting fellow webcomic makers/fans in real life?
I want to start a webcomic meet up group if there is enough people interested( http://www.meetup.com/). If it happens the meetings would be in a neutral public location I'm thinking The Source ( http://www.sourcecandg.com/). I go there on Saturdays for card league and RP. I can talk with the owner to start up the meetings.

I'm thinking of calling the group the Minnesota Webcomic Guild. Sounds cool and official.
Who?
Don't have to be from Minnesota ,but close enough to drive to the Source in Falcon Heights, MN.

Why?
The reason is I don't really know any webcomic creators in real life. Webcomics tend to be a internet and (maybe a few anime conventions)only social life. I want the webcomic hobby to expand a little more outside the internet.

What would we do?
I'm thinking of going to local cons(Anime Detour, Fall Con?). Printing and selling our own webcomics as a group sharing a table. Maybe some tutorial meetings. Critique meetings. Hang out meetings. That's kinda what I got so far.

I have experience with club organizations. I started and still am an officer of the Anime Fan Club at Mankato State University since fall 2003.

Please reply or pm me if you are interested.

1 comment:

1 said...

This is a great idea, gotta start this for animators. Finding other creative people seems to be a proble for a lot of people.

Lots of Love,
Heather